Old June 6th 04, 10:27 PM
Alfistagj

Do yourself a favor.
Calculate the tyres of the various tyre brands by the km you use them.
4 Tyres like Firestone (boy do I hate them) will cost you 300-400 euro
(0,0067-0,0089ct/km)
Real tyres like Michelin/Goodyear/Dunlop will cost you 400-500 euro
(0,0089-0,011ct/km)
What's the difference?
If Pirelli's go for the P7000 but bear in mind they are quite noisy.
I have good experience with Goodyear Eagle F1 as well as Dunlop SP9000.
Please check the various websites for the latest modells as tyre shops
sometime have nice offers for old tyres!!
I.e. Goodyear Eagle F1 latest version is the GS-D3
Dunlop latest version is the SP Sport Maxx
But also your tyre size is important when making a brand/type choise.

Also check the load index; also there the tyre shop mess up .
1.6/1.8/2.0/2.4JTD need 88V (=560kg / >210kmh)
1.9JTD needs 88H (=560kg / <210kmh)
V6 needs 91W (615kg / <270kmh)
You can go "higher" on the index not lower!!
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Tom Asselman" > schreef in bericht
> Hello,
>
> After 45 000 km's with the factory Firestone Firehawks I'll soon have to

buy
> 4 new tyres for my 156 Sportwagon.
> I'd love a set of Goodyear Eagle F1's but I expect them to be too

expensive.