Old August 6th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default 1994 miata stalled and now won't start

nano-miata wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>
> Thanks for the fast reply. The fuse for the gauges (found underneath
> the
> steering column) was broken. The manual said it should be a 10 A fuse,
> but there
> was a 20 A (broken) fuse there (the metal wire in the center was
> broken), probably
> put there by the previous owner.
>
> I haven't checked for a spark yet, as I had the engine pulled apart to
> change
> the timing belt. I'll put it back together as is and keep
> troubleshooting the electrical problem.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph

Wow! I actually guessed correctly on something. Of course, now the
problem is finding out what is blowing your fuse, even when it is rated
at double what it should be.
Electronics are my weakest car area, but it sounds like the bad coil
situation that Lanny described could possibly cause this fuse to fail.
Lanny?
In any case, it sounds like you also need a new CAS seal while you are
at it.

Good luck!

Pat