Old August 6th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
nano-miata

Default 1994 miata stalled and now won't start

> You may as well check the fuses, especially the main protection fuse
> that blows if jumper cables are ever reversed on the battery.
> It is a 30 amp, iirc. The fuses are very easy to access on a 1994 model.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the fast reply. The fuse for the gauges (found underneath
the
steering column) was broken. The manual said it should be a 10 A fuse,
but there
was a 20 A (broken) fuse there (the metal wire in the center was
broken), probably
put there by the previous owner.

I haven't checked for a spark yet, as I had the engine pulled apart to
change
the timing belt. I'll put it back together as is and keep
troubleshooting the electrical problem.

Cheers,

Joseph