Old July 19th 05, 05:18 PM
matt borland

"Pi-Eyed Piper" > wrote in message
news:MS8De.123242$HI.35377@edtnps84...
> I have a 4.2L with a brand new carb(nutters done) and header (feb) it has
> run SWEET up until a month ago, now it's running like crap...
>
> It's running really rich, that's the main symptom. Mileage isn't bad but
> it's not as good as it was. plugs have about 10K, wires are about a year
> old. it doesn't sputter or hesitate and still has great power. It seems to
> run closer to normal when it's at operating temp, which makes sense.
>
> Could this be as simple as adjusting the fuel/air mixture? Just seems

weird
> that "bang" it's running really rich
>
> any help is appreciated
>
> Jason

Is the air cleaner element filthy? Have you looked at the needle-and-seat
assembly in the carb to see if crud is getting past your fuel filter? Have
you actually pulled the plugs to see how they look? Have you been getting
gas at a different station than you used to?

Just a few of the more obvious things to double-check in case you missed
any of them...

-Matt- "..."