Old December 28th 04, 12:04 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

I believe that they are supposed to stick up 3/4" to 1" for the rear latches
on the hard top to grab onto. I don't have a hard top but I do have the
bolts installed, the tall one in the hole toward the front and the down-in /
flush one in the rear most hole on each side. Try it that way and I think
you'll find it works correctly. I guess it does look a bit funny when you
look at it though.

Chris
92BB&T

"Dave" > wrote in message
> Ok, got the kit to put the hardtop on my 2000SE. I have the hardtop from

> previous car and the 2000SE I got did not have the hardware. When I tried
> to install the frankenstein bolts, they hit the sides of the recess and do
> not recess into the holes in the rectanguar chrome piece behind the top, I
> think they should go all the way into the recess, no??? Since they do

not,