Old November 12th 04, 01:12 PM
Remco Moedt

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:39 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

>In article >,

>(Stephen F.) wrote:
>
>> Framerates are about half of what they are in the GTR demo
>> and on third of what I get out of LFS at a similar
>> resolution.

>Ah. My enthusiasm for the demo may be assisted by the fact I'm
>running it in "ultra" mode on an x800pro with no frame rate issues
>whatsoever. After spending so many years playing catch-up with
>hardware I keep forgetting that I am (briefly) on the bleeding
>edge of vid card technology.
>
>Otherwise there's nothing too special about my setup. 2.2GHz AMD,
>1Gb pc3200, 166fsb. So it must be vid card limited.

I guess that's the AMD 2200+ CPU? I've one, and with a GeForce 3
ti200 rFactor, with all settings low, 1024x786x32, is a slideshow...

BTW Andrew, slightly of topic here, but how the heck can you take off
from a carrier in PF with a spitfire without a SPLOOSH sound?

Cheers!

Remco