Old November 12th 04, 12:39 PM
Andrew MacPherson

In article >,
(Stephen F.) wrote:

> Framerates are about half of what they are in the GTR demo
> and on third of what I get out of LFS at a similar
> resolution.

Ah. My enthusiasm for the demo may be assisted by the fact I'm
running it in "ultra" mode on an x800pro with no frame rate issues
whatsoever. After spending so many years playing catch-up with
hardware I keep forgetting that I am (briefly) on the bleeding
edge of vid card technology.

Otherwise there's nothing too special about my setup. 2.2GHz AMD,
1Gb pc3200, 166fsb. So it must be vid card limited.

> The track in the rFactor demo didn't do much for me.

You're not going fast enough ;-)

I know what you mean, but the original track for LFS was (and
still is) pretty tedious to drive around, especially in those
slow, basic cars.

Andrew McP