Old June 30th 05, 10:42 PM
rw

Spike wrote:

> While there is reason to be "concerned" for our environment, and we
> should do things to lessen man's impact upon it, there's no sound
> reason for panicked knee jerk reaction when science can't make up it's
> mind which way the wind is blowing, or whether it is man-made or a
> natural, perhaps cyclic, condition.

You're wrong that, Spike. Peer-reviewed scientific opinion is unanimous
that man-made green-house-gas pollution is affecting the climate. It's
completely consistent with common sense if you look at the trend for CO2
in the atmosphere since the industrial revolution:

http://www-das.uwyo.edu/~geerts/cwx/...o2_change.html

We're basically driving this car called the earth and not changing the oil.