Old June 18th 05, 12:05 AM
Nate Nagel

Bob Flaminio wrote:
> RPS wrote:
>
>>I suppose this can apply to any product but in this case I am thinking
>>of tires:
>>
>>(1) I can buy a pricier model which will last a long time, but then
>>I'd have an old tire most of that time.
>>
>>(2) I can buy a less expensive model but change it more frequently, so
>>I'd have a newer tire most of the time.
>>
>>Which is the better way?

> Why not both? The tires on my Big Car are expensive, and only last about
> 8000 miles rear/12000 miles front.

So you spend a lot of money, often. That works!

Reminds me of the old Yokohama A509s I had on my VW GTI... (I think at
the time they were the next step down from the A008 which was the big
badass performance tire back then) I wore those suckers out in about 15K
miles! But they *did* stick... and did surprisingly well in the snow
for a supposedly summer-only tire (yes, I had snow tires... but I didn't
realize it could snow in freakin' October in Cleveland!)

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel