Old March 14th 05, 12:59 PM
Sam Smith

"Vidar" > wrote in message
news:RB5Zd.4530$b_6.3503@trnddc01...
> Very interested in purchasing a SUV.
>
> The X5 has my attention, however I intend to use it for business.
>
> I put 30K miles a year on my vehicles.
>
> I'm looking for fuel ecomony and leaning toward the 3.0L.
>
> Any info on this engine?
>
> I'm considering keeping the vehicle for 200K plus.

I wouldn't buy a new X5 now - the new model comes out next Summer and it
will solve the biggest problem with the existing model - space. I too am
intending on purchase one and usually drive my vehicles from new for 3 years
before changing so I think it is better to buy them at the point of the next
new shape to increase their resale value for later.

Avoid the X3 - as good though it is the build quality is not as fine as the
X5 and the cost difference isn't enough to warrant the drop in quality. Just
my opinion of course.

Of course if this is just a company car and you are not actually buying it
yourself then it doesn't really matter.

---
Sam