Old March 14th 05, 11:29 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Mark" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to decide whether I should buy a '97 ES300 with 65K miles
> or whether I should look for a newer Camry with low mileage i.e. a
> 00/01/02 camry with <45K miles.

How long do you want to keep it? If it's just for a few years, the resale
value of the car drops off quickly after around 70-80K so get the lower
mileage car. If you intend to keep in until the wheels fall off, (like
around 150-170k
miles) your going to be driving this car for a long time, with either car
your going
to be putting in the same major repairs, and if the Lexus is a lot more
comfortable/desirable
then the Camry, then you get the benefit of that over the next 100K miles.

Ted