Old July 9th 05, 02:07 AM
Tristan Austin

Thanks, Tom. That link helped a lot.

The car I have my eye on just states that it's a "4-speed Auto", but my
granny wouldn't be setting foot in it. I just had another look around on the
web and haven't seen a single manual for sale anywhere.

On 9/7/05 1:35 AM, in article , "Crabs"

http://corvetteobsession.homestead.c...formation.html
> It seems to be luck of the draw, some people have problems, some do not.
> The automatics in these year cars are fairly bullet proof, as much as
> any automatic transmission can be.
> If I were to have to choose between an similarly equipped 4+3 or an
> automatic, I'd probably go with the 4+3. At least with the 4+3, if it
> gives you problems, you just drop in a Richmond or ZF 6 speed later.
> Besides, I just love banging gears.
> IMHO, automatics are for top fuel dragsters and cars that your granny
> would drive.
>
> TomC
> '90 ZR1

- T