Old October 11th 04, 07:37 PM
Roger Brown

Scott wrote:

> i had a blown head gasket in my 22re 4runner. i replaced the whole top
> end. new head, new cam, new valves. everything went fine for like 3
> weeks and now its overheating badly. there is no coolant in the oil
> and no oil in the coolant. truck runs good forlike 10 mins and then
> the temp guage shoots up to red and the overflow tanks boiles. the
> doesnt work either. can somone please shine some light on this
> problem. i realy dont feel like having to replace a bottom end now.
> email me if you have any ideas. thanks.

Did you determine and correct the cause of the initial blown head
gastet? If not, its likely done it again. You can see if its an
exhaust gas leak into the cooling system with the info. below:

http://www.arrowheadradiator.com/hea..._leak_test.htm
Most of the time head gaskets don't just blow on their own, something
gives them a helping hand, so to speak. They are usually a symptom of
an underlying problem.

You state
"the doesnt work either"
The "what" doesn't work either?

Probable causes are a clogged radiator, collapsing lower radiator hose,
worn water pump, bad thermostat, bad fan clutch, or an engine running
with bad timing or fuel/air mixture, etc.. Figure out what is wrong and
fix it. What causes the overheating? High or low speed driving,
prolonged idling, hot or cold outside temps, high engine load, etc.?

--
Roger