Old August 6th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Ralph DL

Default Low TJ oil pressure = new oil pump?

Bill Hughes

Please re-read my post... the oil pressure varies even when I replace
the electrical measurement of oil pressure with a mechanical oil
pressure gauge.

The mechanical oil pressure gauge is attached to a tube which screws
into the block... oil actually goes from the engine up the tube and
applies direct pressre to a diaphragm/spring coil loaded needle... this
is the most accurate albeit old-fashion way of measurine engine oil
pressure.

That's why I asked if it could be more than an oil pump problem.

Ralph

God exists, or God does not exist, or I am God and I am dreaming all
this.