Old July 23rd 05, 03:25 AM
Fish

Got the reverse lights. Another case of not putting things together.
I'm guessing this time it was the mechanic who rebult the engine.
Checked the bulbs and followed the wire back to where it exits the
engine compartment. Found another wire coming through the engine
compartment at the same place, but it just ended laying on the floor of
the engine compartment. Just to make sure it was the correct wire, I
hooked up my VOM and verified that the resistance changed when shifting
in and out of reverse, which it did. I hooked it to the coil (in line
fuse is gone), but the lights didn't light....damn! With the
transmission in reverse I measured 12v at the lights. Remembering your
advice about grounds, I cleaned and installed new ground connectors
where necessary and away they went. Lots of "good enough" work on this
vehicle. Oh well, when I get it all done it will be all the more
sweeter to drive.

Thanks again for your help!

Fish