Old June 23rd 05, 05:24 PM
Steve

That old rumor is WAY overdue to die- the LH has nothing in common
with the Renault platform, EXCEPT the rather uncommon FWD/longitudinal
engine layout. The LH platform actually started out as a transverse
layout, but was switched due to (among other things) plans to offer an
AWD version that never materialized. Reportedly a "mule" that was used
to mock-up the LH drivetrain was built on an old Monaco/Premier chassis,
and that may have started the rumor.