Old June 3rd 04, 03:56 PM
Dan J.S.

"theOutdoorMonkey" > wrote in message
om...
> Your money is well spent somewhere else. Land Rover Charges fortune
> for a Piece of Junk. Paid $40K plus for mine.
> With a new vheicle at this price you should be sleeping well for years
> before worrying about a major problem. NOT if you own a land rover.
> Lots of immediate deffects were taken care of by the dealer and I did
> not feel much of the pain in my pocket, but once the honeymoon is over
> I woke-up and see what I have gotten myself into. A gas hungry piece
> of junk that is more problem than its worth and a dealership that has
> been waiting to get me.
>
> I am one deeply disappointed customer and user of LandRover. I bought
> my discovery series II in May of 2000, and paid $40,000+ with optional
> items.
> I just replaced my tires at discount tire co and took their advise to
> do wheel allignment. Thats when a technician noticed an oil leak
> developing around the engine. I rushed to my LandRover dealer next day
> to check it out.
> My dealer told me that my warranty has expired last week and they will
> have to charge me about $150 just to diagnose the oil leak problem and
> other problem I have brought up to him related to the so called ,
> worthless, climate control system that rarely works right.
> I was so unhappy that i did not want to pay for anything. I told them
> that I will dig a grave and burry the junk if you are going to tag
> hundreds just to look at the problem.
>
> I was stunned for two reasons:
>
> 1. I should not really be running into major engine problems with a 4
> year old $40K vheicle in such a short time.
> 2. My warranty expired a week ago but I am sure it took weeks and
> months for this problem to develop and become visible.
> I guess they know that as a user i am going to discover how worthless
> junk their product is and did not value my relationship with them.
>
> The decision is yours but I suggest you look somewhere else or look at
> an option of leasing for a period of 4 years (covered by warranty) if
> you are so stubborn to listen to others and thing you got to have it.

It's a know fact that Land Rovers are unreliable. A friend bought a new one,
paid over $65k for it, and as we are driving on the highway, the hood undid
itself onm the left side, and was bouncing up and down... It didnt come
completely off, but whatever held it down was now gone. We endured another
100 miles of 'is this going to fall off'? Plus, their navigation system is
the worst ever!!