Old June 11th 05, 11:41 PM
Mike R

In article >, Joe
> wrote:

> (Mike R) wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >, Joe
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> OK, here's a good one. Just got the LX back from the body shop
> >> (more front end body work) and now the air bag light is blinking.
> >> However, there's a catch. It only blinks when I'm not giving it
> >> gas. If it's idling, cruising, or decelerating, it blinks. If I
> >> accelerate, it stops.
> >>
> >> My first guess is something vacuum-related. Any ideas? TIA.
> >>
> >> Joe
> >> Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
> >> Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

> > I don't see how the Supplemental Air Bag system could be vacuum
> > related. It's all pretty much electrics and mechanics.

> I thought as much, but I wonder why it stops blinking when I give it
> gas..
>
> > With front
> > end body work recently done, I'd check around the right/center/left
> > crash sensors and associated wiring and harness connectors. The RH
> > and LH sensors are located at their respective sides of the upper
> > radiator support, behind the headlamps and the center sensor at the
> > middle upper radiator support...
> >
> > --
> > Mike
> > 93 Cobra

> I will certainly do that. Thanks for the tip, Mike.
>
> Joe
> Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
> Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

Joe, are you having battery charging issues of late??? The diagnostic
monitor may be flashing a code 12 for low battery. This might also explain
reving of the engine causing the lamp to extinguish. Make sense??? Maybe a
bad regulator or alternator. Also, if you haven't done so yet, check fuse
#7 (15amp).

--
Mike
93 Cobra