Old August 27th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher

Default Sim Racing Software Pricing

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
k...
> It maybe just my impression but it seems to me sim racers are prepared to
> pay quite significant sums for hardware but are penny pinchers when it
> comes to software! Wheels and pedals, gear changers, cockpits plus the
> inevitable PC hardware upgrades in terms of cpus, graphics cards, memory
> and screens are typical products a sim racing enthusiast is looking at.
> Cheers
> Tony

I agree. I've never understood this either. I hate to waste money like
anyone else, but sim racing software is so incredibly cheap for the
enjoyment you get out of it, even if you buy an occasional dud. rFactor
costs me less than a penny per session by now.

--
David G Fisher