Old July 20th 05, 01:51 AM
Dean Dark

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:41:07 -0400, JRE > wrote:

>>>It's where you screw in the eyelet from the toolbox for pulling the car
>>>if it gets stuck.

>The owner's manual specifically says it's for towing, with some limitations.

Limitations. Ha! Reminds me of about 10 years ago when a maniac
friend of mine had bought a true, jacked up, professionally done and
insanely powerful 'monster' truck from a distressed owner "just for
the hell of it." My ancient and far more modest Chevy C10 had been
snowed in up to the windows for several days, and all the snow had
pretty much turned to ice.

Lou attached chains to the rear of his monster and to the front axle
of my truck. He took the strain on the chains and then skillfully
gunned it. I came out of the packed ice like a cork out of a bottle.

No damage. Except for mild whiplash.
--
Dan.