Old July 4th 05, 01:59 AM
Tony Curran

I have a Mihnea Cotet chip bought from his US outlet. Very good. Go to
http://www.mrc-developments.com/en/exemples_en.php and here
http://chips-ur-s.com/Entrance.html for US outlet. There has been some
discussion about TAP chips and you may want to read the archives before
making a purchase. This Mihnea Cotet guy only chips VAG cars and has been
over to US to chip-on-the-fly by plugging emulators in to the ECU. Others
have been most impressed - these are most likely the folks that have the
full RS2 mod package.

The 1st gear problem is a known issue - S6s got a different design. There
are some owners putting in 6-speed gear boxes.

I'm looking to add a short shifter from Europrice
http://www.euro-audi-parts.com/ and brake upgrade using one of BIRA's
systems http://www.bira.org/

As for mileage, I'm getting about 22-25mpgs depending on who's wanting to
test me
As for boost, I've peaked at 26 PSI briefly, but I've been told the chips
are programmed for 23 PSI max. I've done a mod to re-route cold air intake,
also enlarged intake hose to 4" - helps with pickup and may be effecting top
end. Also engine is running cooler as stock intake snorkel is not in the way
of air to blow over turbo.

Good luck,

Tony
96 S6