Old June 14th 05, 06:50 PM
Timothy J. Lee

In article >,
Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>I recall when GM had a deal with Toyota and was making autos with
>Toyota,IIRC,in the same plant.

The NUMMI plant made Toyota Corollas and GM-branded versions:
Chevrolet Nova, Geo Prizm, Chevrolet Prizm. It now makes Pontiac
Vibes, which are the same as the Toyota Matrix except cosmetically,
along with Corollas and Tacomas.

>And Ford was using Mazda motors and chassis in their Probe model.

Ford controls Mazda. Many Ford and Mazda vehicles have shared engines
or platforms. In some cases, the entire vehicle was shared (Escape /
Tribute, Ranger / B-truck), though that is less common than with GM's
various brands.

Timothy J. Lee