Old March 10th 05, 03:54 AM
Steve B.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:30:38 -0600, "dociscool" >
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>A friend is looking at a 92 Pontiac Transport SE minivan. It has high miles
>(188k), but paint and exterior appear to be in surprisingly fine shape
>despite mileage and age. Interior is fair and needs some work. It has a 3800
>V6 and seems to run good. Seller is asking $1000, but would probably take
>$800.
>
>Any opinions about this minivan model or year? Thanks
>
>TR

The 3.8 is a good engine but any vehicle with 188k on it....who
knows.... Maintenance history is more important than anything on a
vehicle with that mileage. Does the seller have maintenance records?

Not to be rude but you can't expect much reliability out of an $800
car. Many of us here have bought cars like this and gotten another
100k out of them but I'm sure there are just as many that have sent
them to the junk yard a thousand miles later. It's a crapshoot.

Good Luck!!

Steve B.