Old March 3rd 05, 12:58 AM
Kruse

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Kruse wrote:
>
> > JazzMan wrote:
> >
> >>Kruse wrote:
> >>

> >>My '88 Pontiac had a bead-bed catalyst originally.
> >>
> >>JazzMan
> >>--

> > Hmmm.... Due to efficiency, I thought they had switched to the
> > honeycomb long ago. I learned something new!!
> >

> It's all relative. 1988 *was* 17 years ago, but please don't say

that's
> a long time in front of my car, I don't want it to start thinking

it's
> got an excuse to be finicky
>
> nate
>
> --

Well, a pelleted converter in '88 I can believe. The original post was
for a 1997 vehicle which wasn't ALL that long ago, so I was curious if
one was available in 1997. Anyway, 1988 did surprise me because I
thought they had switched long before that. Like I said, I learned
something new today.
I do remember when a lot of vehicled were switching to the honeycomb
because they were more touted as being more efficient. Maybe GM just
didn't want to admit it.....
Anyway, 'nuff said from my point of view.