Old January 7th 05, 12:49 AM
Larry Scholnick

Default Passing driver that pulled over & slowed down

I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the posted 35 MPH. He pulls over to
the right (into the parking lane) and slows down substantially. As I pass him, he decides that he
want to return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his previous rate of speed.
Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next light, he rolls down his window to yell at
me. Anyone care to offer an explanation?

Remember, I was content to follow him at 38 MPH; I only passed when he pulled over to the right and
slowed down.