Old December 8th 04, 02:21 AM
mike gray

Hola wrote:

> Its the heat is insufficient, as like what happened today, we had freezing
> rain and I had it on defrost middle blower speed, temp gauge needle in
> middle. It was ok at a stop light which would melt the freezing rain but as
> soon as I start driving the freezing rain starts clogging on the windshield.
> I would think the heat should be strong enough to keep the freezing rain
> from freezing while driving.
> I bought the 96 Voyager used from a dealer, and by the maintenance records
> it looks well taken care of by a dealer etc... I have not check to see what
> temp thermostat is there. How about the electric cooling fans, at what
> engine temp do they turn on?

The difference between thermostats will make no significant difference
in the temperature of the air blowing on the windshield. Yer problem is
in the air handling for the defroster or the heat exchanger (heater core).

Make sure the defroster fan is working. Make sure there are no air leaks
(feel around under the dash, there may be vents not closing), make sure
the heater core is very hot.