Old December 8th 04, 12:50 AM
maxpower

If the fuel injector is bad, how could it inject while cranking
and when you first press the gas pedal?
just because you see a spray does not mean it is enough to keep the engine
running, maybe the pintel is not opening enough to let fuel out, i cant
answer that, if you had some gum cutter or similar fluid, would you be able
to keep the engine running that way? and do you have a fuel pressure gauge
connected while it is running to verify 14 psi while it is dying?
"Wes Faul" > wrote in message
> The spark became less frequent as the car died, but it kept sparking until
> it was dead. I assumed the spark was slowing down because the car was

dying
> (since it wasn't getting gas). There was no fault code for the fuel
> injector - just the TPS and the Speed Distance sensor. I ended up

replacing
> the TPS because of the fault code, but then I went back and tested the
> original and it tested fine. I also tested the speed\distance sensor and

it
> tested OK (8 spots of 8 ohms and infinity between). After I disconnected
> and reconnected the battery, I have yet to come up with a fault code

besides
> 12 and 55. If the fuel injector is bad, how could it inject while

cranking
> and when you first press the gas pedal?
> Wes
>
> "maxpower" > wrote in message
> > Assuming that you are not losing spark, the fuel pressure is maintaining

> 14
> > psi........ then you may have a faulty fuel injector, was there an

> injector
> > circuit fault found at one time, i think it would be a code 26 but not

> sure?
> > "Wes Faul" > wrote in message
> > > The car starts, but immediately dies if I don't keep pumping the gas.

> > > noticed something else last night. The engine seems to bog down for a
> > > fraction of a second when the gas is first injected. If I remember
> > > correctly, it didn't accelerate until the gas was no longer being

> > injected.
> > > Then it dies if I don't pump the gas again. No dark smoke like it's

too
> > > rich.
> > > Thanks
> > > Wes