Old October 27th 04, 10:06 PM
William Maslin

Default VW502.00 and Shell Rotella T Synthetic - the answer

While searching the web for info about Rotella T Synthetic, I stumbled
onto a Shell web page that said: "Ask the Shell guy a question" or
something like that. So I asked him about whether Rotella T Synthetic
was compatible with the VW 502.00 spec. Here's what he replied:

Thanks for the opportunity to respond to your inquiry, and thanks for
using Shell products.

ROTELLA T Synthetic SAE 5W-40 has not been tested to VW 502.00 oil
specification.

Some products that meet the VW 502.00 oil specification requirement
include Pennzoil Synthetic European Formula 5W-40 and Quaker State Full
Synthetic European Formula 5W-40.

Best Regards,

Greg Raley
Tel: +1 281 544 8621
Email:
Internet:
www.shell.com

So it sounds like they just haven't bothered to test it.

Bill

--

Take out the invalid if replying by email