Old July 23rd 05, 11:01 PM
DougW

Dave Milne did pass the time by typing:
> OTOH, it seems our intelligence is crap, as they admit they shot the wrong
> guy, and
> there is some debate as to whether they gave any warning.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711021.stm

The guy vaulted the ticket barrier and ran straight for the train.

Given all that's gone on there I'd have shot him too.

Then again if you go to any metro you find the odd person that
jumps the gate. Some subways now use a checkpoint you can't jump.

Some people feel the need to do stupid things at the wrong time.
These days being stupid can get you killed.

It's like security where I work. The signs that say "Deadly Force
Authorized" used to be a laugh. Now it's no joke.

--
DougW