Old December 12th 04, 02:01 AM
James C. Reeves

"Arif Khokar" > wrote in message
news | James C. Reeves wrote:

| > How was it done back in the 80's when a average car didn't even have 100HP?
|
| Because cars from the 80s had more than 100 hp. The '84 Honda Prelude
| had a 1.8L inline 4 that could generate 100 hp. I'm sure that the V6
| and V8 engines of that era could generate more power than that.

We had some Chevy Impala wagons as company cars back in the late 70's early
80's. The V8's were so bottled up 0-60 times were in the 16-18 second range.
I believe they were rated at about 125HP. Very few cars on the road then had
V6's let alone V8's. The "average" car of the time was under 100HP...mostly
because gas was equillivant to $3.00+ per gallon in today's dollars and people
were looking for MPG over HP back then.