Old May 28th 05, 05:21 AM

Yes, today they are all MADE by a few companies, but notice the parts
are not necessarily interchangeable between systems built by one
company for different car manufacturers. There is the little thing
called design. It is controlled not by the brake manufacturer, but by
the auto manufacturer, who specifies how it is to be built.

Also, if you look back just a few years, GM used exclusively Delco
Moraine - which was a wholly owned GM subsidiary.Chrysler used almost
exclusively their own manufacture, with a good mix of Kelsey Hayes
thrown in in later years.AMC used Delco Moraine, Bendix, and
Bendix/Budd hybrids (bendix calipers and Budd rotors)
And any mechanic who lived through the eighties in North America KNOWS
Chrysler's reputation at the time for squealing brakes - whether you
worked for a Chrysler dealer or not.