Old May 21st 05, 12:19 AM
Jeff Strickland

"R. Mark Clayton" > wrote in message
> Depends how drive.

This is certainly true. I just replaced the original factory clutch in my
'94 325i with 210,000 miles. I had a seriously worn throw out bearing that
was howling badly, but the clutch plate still had a millimeter or two
remaining.

I'm thinking that most people will not get the same clutch life that I get,
even if there are several here that do - or get better. Odds favor a 20-year
old clutch needing replacement, ****, the odds favor a clutch needing
replacement by 10 years.

II have never worn a clutch out in any manual car I had