Old November 17th 04, 03:14 AM
LIW

"JMurph" > wrote in message
m...
> So did you buy the 2002 S8 for the price of a 2005 a6?
> I love the S4; never drove an S8, but it must be great.

Basically, yes, depending on the real prices for the A6 versus the MSRP.
But if MSRP runs from $45,000 to $55,000 for a new A6, my car slotted in
with the Certified Pre-Owned warranty extension. Audi says my car went
into service on 12/31/01 as an 02 model, so my factory warranty and
"free"maintenance lasts until 12/31/05. My extended warranty then goes two
more years to 12/31/ 07, so not quite as good as a new car. This one has
Zender aftermarket 19 inch chromed wheels with Pilot tires (not so good for
snow, good for dry weather) front and rear heated seats, ski bag, six CD
stacker in dash (standard?) and so on. Silver over black.

It has buttons on the wheel for the tiptronic which is a bit like the F1
paddle method of driving, and the increased sized Brembo brakes, which I
think your S4 has also. Of course the S8 weighs 4000 pounds despite the
suspension and car being aluminum.

So far, it is a terrific car.