Old June 10th 05, 10:42 PM
Dick

To each his own I suppose. As far as I am concerned, the nav package
was THE deciding factor when we bought our '93 EX V-6. I would feel
lost without it now. Sure, you can stick a big GPS on the dash (talk
about looking horrible), or carry a laptop with you with Delorme
Street Atlas, if you like watching the seat beside you while you
drive. Personally, I think the nav dash is far better looking than
the regular one. Much easier to do things too, like changing radio
stations, changing the A/C temp, etc. It's like carrying a fancy PDA
around with you built into the car. We bought our first update DVD
this year, but it wasn't really necessary. There were some freeways
that show completed on the new one that were only pieces on the
original, but that's not a big deal either. You learn to compensate.
On a long trip it is comforting to know exactly where you are. And I
mean EXACTLY if you need help. I don't think $185 every couple of
years is going to be a burden to someone who can afford a $26K+
automobile.

Dick