Old September 6th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

Default Muscle Heads Rejoice!

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article >, Mark C.
> wrote:
>> It doesn't mean the price of gas will go down. It may go up slower
>> though.

> There's more than enough oil in the world. The problem is artificially
> created by constricting gasoline supply and oil that remains off the
> market. Basically it's a market that runs on the hairy edge by design
> so any burp in world events or weather or just plain neglect sends
> prices higher. Why by design? Because that's how profits are maximized
> and it's not like anyone else can just get in on the game with all the
> regulations.

a) The find is good, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to what
America consumes.

b) I agree that there's plenty of oil to go around for a long time, but
it's getting more costly to locate, extract, and refine for consumer
use.

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC