Old January 6th 05, 03:57 AM
tech27

Your ignorance is striking.

1-If you have studs and one breaks, you're really screwed.
2-Studs can be damaged by putting the wheel on. Obviously you haven't tried
changing a wheel on your new car. If you did you would see that the wheel
snugs up on the rotor very nicely and you can insert the bolts with only two
hands. "Hanging" the tire on the studs is far more imprecise and you can
damage the stud if you put it on carelessly.
3-Bolts are stronger. They generally have more thread contact than a bolt
does.
4-There is no #4 at this time.

Cheers.