Old September 8th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
unr

Default EXPERT NEEDED 4 Mystery: Intermittent Power Loss in 1989 Chevy G10 Van with 305

I just checked the records and both the throttle position sensor and the air
control valve *were* replaced. Neither of these fixed the problem.

The fuel pump has not been replaced but the pressure checked fine in the
Chevy dealership.

The coil has not been replaced.

"unr" > wrote in message
t...
> Intermittent Power Loss in 1989 Chevy G10 Van with 305
>
> For 10K the van loses power intermittently for 1 to 10 seconds then comes
> back to normal power. It happens at all speeds from thruway to idle. A
> variety of shops including a Chevy dealer have failed to eliminate the
> problem. The following have been checked or replaced: fuel pump pressure
> checked, fuel filter replaced, spark plugs and wires replaced.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this specific probem on this vehicle

engine