Old June 30th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default If Only He'd Taken The Lane

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:15:45 -0500,
> (Brent P) wrote:
>
>>He may have had his 'head down', however did passing traffic keep him
>>from getting around the trailer?

> Let's suppose it did; did passing traffic also keep him from simply
> applying his brakes and stopping?

> Not outdriving one's brakes is the rule no matter what kind of vehicle
> one is driving.

You're driving, accelerating to merge into an open gap when the arsehole
accelerates and closes off that gap.

Bicycle brakes aren't the greatest and one has to use somewhat different
strategies. Remember, my premise is that he is not experienced with
bicycling in traffic.

But this brings up a flaw with your bike lane concept, nobody is to park
in traffic lanes.