Old October 12th 04, 03:22 AM
Kerouac

Will,
I have yet to hear an educated opinion of a Toyota 4Runner that
includes the words "piece of crap" in it. 100,000 miles is the break in
period for one of these. Like any 2nd hand 4X4, just look for the odd signs
of abuse.
If this endorsement still doesn't do it for you, consider this: I've been
a faithful Nissan owner for my last 4 trucks. No owners bias here Toyota's
good stuff.

Best of luck!

Neil

"Will" > wrote in message
> > Reliability with the 4cyl engine is good> --

> How is the V6? And what kind of reliability should I expect if I'm

spending
> less than $2000? I bought my sammy w/ about 100k miles; no trouble for 2
> years but a clutch cable, ignition coil, and a mudd-filled starter (oops),
> and all that was for $1100, mostly because samurais started off cheap and
> are ugly and have 60 hp. Can I find a 4Runner that cheap that isn't a

piece
> of crap? Thanks.
>
> -Will
>
> ps- I liked your website and your 4Runner- it made me think of a few
> questions. Is it a lot harder/more expensive to lift one without a solid
> front axle? And a general question- a Samurai weighs just over 2000 lbs,
> while your 4Runner was over 4000. How is that going to effect traction,

dry