Old August 26th 06, 12:22 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Peter Wood

Default C5 Passenger mirror

Another update on my mirror .....when they tried to order using ser. no. of
car, according to GM parts, had to buy complete mirror. Parts person found
p/n some other way and was able to order only glass and plastic backing
plate.

My mirror had same problem asyoui have described.....someone or something
forced the mirror and broke one of the mounting piece on back of mirror.

Dealer called to say glass in....went to pick up today and it appears to be
the same except where the wires for defrost plugs in are sitting 90 deg.
from where original was positioned. I still think it will fit....enough room
behind mirror to fit plug in.

And message on glass is in English.

I'm taking car to dealer first of week for some other work and will have
them install at same time. I don't have mirror with me but if you need part
no., I can get it first of week.

If this doesn't work, I still think I can McGiver something with the old
one.

Will keep you updated.

PW