Old August 25th 06, 02:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Default C5 Passenger mirror

Peter Wood wrote:
> In Eastern can., I have to replace glass only on 2001 coupe (passenger side)
> but was told had to buy complete mirror. Was quoted $328. Canadian plus has
> to be painted and installed.
>
> Fortunately am now told that glass only can be ordered. Cost of repair now
> to be considerably less.
>
> PW

Thanks Peter, Good info -- hope I can do as well. Based on that, I'd
figure about $ 550 fincluding an hour's labor and a trip to the paint
booth. -- Will call around to local dealers. It's tempting to ask that
they not paint it. Then, pay my airbrush artist do the job using owing
Dad's Duplicolor instructions.

On this one, "they" forced the inboard edge and screwed up the lateral
positioning mechanism.

Note to self: Start parking in the better parts of town.

--
PJ