Old July 18th 05, 05:12 PM
Bob Shuman

The biggest safety issue I've seen with DRLs is that some vehicle drivers
don't realize they don't have their headlights on at dusk since they have
the DRLs and think they have the lights on, but do not. I've even seen some
idiots driving in full darkness with only DRLs and no side markers or tail
lights. You would think they would figure it out since they have no dash
lights, but that does not appear to be the case.

I personally prefer to make the decision on whether to use the headlights or
not myself and not take the decision away from the driver. I also think the
added energy cost should be a factor in the decision.

Bob

"Roy" <crawroy @ nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> How could having lights on in the daytime cause an accident? I'm not

trying
> to be a smartass but I can't concieve of any situation where a low

intesity