Old July 17th 05, 06:37 AM
Road Warrior

snow wrote:

> A local private seller has a 1999 Dodge Caravan SE for sale. Anyone
> have good luck with this model year? This model has the V6 engine. I
> know there have been tranny issues on some of these vans. It never
> happened with my 1992 which has 151,000 on original tranny. But maybe
> the 1999's have issues. Any opinions appreciated. The 1999 has 90k
> on it, but I am not worried if it has been maintanined well. I bought
> my 1992 at 88k seven years ago. It had been taken care of by previous
> owner.

We have a '99 Grand Caravan Sport & are the original owners. The only
problem we've had in regards to the transmission was a leak due to a
gasket. That was at about 75k miles. It was covered under warranty, so
no biggie. Overall, I feel we've gotten good performance & reliability
from it. We've put close to 90k on it as well.