Old March 16th 05, 07:12 PM
Curmudgeons News

I'm certainly no expert, but from your description, there appears to be
nothing wrong with the tranny. You say it shifts at the right time, and
with no noticeable delay or clunk. Have you considered "drive line play"?
In other words, if a CV joint has play in it, the tranny will appear to
clunk as the slack is taken up. This is particularly noticeable when going
from drive to reverse with brakes applied.
Just a thought!