Old February 5th 05, 06:02 PM
Rein

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 06:37:30 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> wrote:

>Here we go again... Underdrive pulleys free up a very small amount of

No, we're not :-)
You are right BUT he is talking abotu the pulley's on the supercharger
on his Cobra. You can get HUGE increases by changing them. Best bang
for the buck ever.
One thing though; Make sure the AF ratios are adjusted as well. He
needs a predator that's programmed to use the extra boost.

>power... where they shine is in cars that are subject to continuous high rpm
>operation. They can reduce the chance of winding separation in the
>altermator as well as reducing cavitation in the waterpump. For a daily
>driver subject to leng periods of normal to low rpm operation, you can
>expect poor charging system operation, possible overheating and even reduced
>power steering assist at low speeds. Any serious horsepower gains will be
>more placebo effect than actual........ please don't trot out the dyno tests
>that show a whopping 2 horsepower gain. In a street car this is pretty much
>negligable, especially in light of the downsides.
>
>Ahhh, I can get a bigger alternator that will offset the reduced rpm.....
>and the bigger alternator will chew up the appropriate amount of horsepower
>to maintain charging system efficiency..... can you say "Back to square
>one??"
>
>It's not difficult to apply logic to the "don't buy" side of the
>equation..... with you young'uns, the glitter of billet aluminum far
>outweighs any sensible decisions.

roups.com...