Old January 23rd 05, 12:14 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, aarcuda69062 wrote, evidently in response to
"maxpower":

> WRT spark plugs, you are actually claiming that if I install Autolite,
> NGK, AC Delco or some brand other than Champion spark plugs in a 1985
> ChryCo vehicle with a turbo charger, start the engine, disconnect the
> coolant sensor and check the ignition timing with a stroboscopic timing
> light, I'll see different timing setting between the different brands of
> spark plugs?

Believe it or don't, he actually "thinks" this. Below are his idiotic,
stupid, ignorant and baseless claims on the topic:

First this:

Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.chrysler
From: "damnnickname" >
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:04:13 -0500
Subject: 85 turbo - coughs on heavy accel load

DO NOT USE PLATINUM PLUGS OR BOSH PLUGS< USE ONLY CHAMPION< i belive they
were rn12yc, some plugs will mess with the timing of the power module and
cause all kinds of idle problems. Almost like it is searching because the
timing is flucuating so bad

===

When called on his idiocy, he responded as followed:

Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.chrysler
From: "maxpower" >
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:05:13 -0500

Idle was controlled by the timing back then, With autolite/bosh and some
other plugs.I say use Champion because I no that was the only one that I
know didnt create a problem. The Power Module saw the resistors in them
and caused the timing to jump all over, causing extreme idle problems
hesitation problems and more I would bet you are one of those guys that
put everypart on the car untill given up and told your cust to take it to
the dealer... Is that so? The next time you get one of these vehicles, put
a timing lite on it and see for youself, but then again I bet you dont
know how to use one and here once again, you have no clue what you are
talking about

====

So, to answer your question: Yes. In what passes for the brain between
maxpower's ears, the 1985 Chrysler 2-module engine management system was
so advanced that it actually knew the difference between Champion's 10kohm
spark plug resistors and Autolite's 10kohm spark plug resistors and
Bosch's 10kohm spark plug resistors, and if it saw anything other than
Champion spark plugs, it went wild 'n' crazy and threw a timing disco
party. Amazing feats o' magic, eh?

-DS