Old June 25th 05, 03:23 AM
Spike

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:22:54 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
> wrote:

>"Thomas Cameron" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:56:09 -0700, one80out wrote:
>>

>Eesh, why? Yeah a C6 is bullet proof, but the AOD's are pretty strong and
>you keep OD. You can put the 4R70W gearset in an AOD and get all the
>advantages of the wide ratio and you dump the whole brain box PITA.

I want to go the AOD route for the highway driving, but I'd like to
keep some pep.

Is there an information source for what you're talking about with the
4R70W? and will it drop in to a 65 FB 289 w/C4?

The outfit I have been talking to has been pushing the AODE out of a
late model Mustang GT, which is going to require shortening the
driveshaft, new crossmember, tv cable, etc.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16