Old June 25th 04, 02:28 AM
Nobody U. Know

It's probably the Idle Speed Controller (ISC). It could be the FIAV, but not
likely. The ISC isn't cheap. I would recommend Concelli Mitsu, online,
before getting a new one local. I would suggest some other fixes first but,
since you have no interest in cars (afterall, you own an NT), I just buy a
replacement.

--
Todd Honea
"Rick Brandt" > wrote in message
> 94 Stealth SOHC.
>
> Whatever the mechanism is for adjusting idle when the AC compressor is

engaged
> is not working. When engaged, the idle is dangerously low and will

occasionally
> cause the car to die altogether when letting off the accelerator.
>
> There is no obvious mechanism I can see for this so I assume that the

computer
> controls it. Any ideas what I can look for? Just had the dealer look at

it and
> 500 bucks later there is no change.
>
> I can find two different screws that adjust the overall idle, but to get a
> decent idle speed with those having the AC on I just end up with too high

of an