Old January 20th 05, 03:03 AM
Chris Shea

moparman are you serious? i mean if you are a true moparhead you know
440-6, 426 hemi, etc. a-, b-, and e-bodies. old school muscle. these new
"hemi's" are just hype and marketing, i see an srt-8 that looks like it will
have some muscle, but please.

i put a hurting on all these guys with new hemi trucks who think they got
the ****. completely obliterated one the other day - at the next light the
guy goes "uh, that's a little better than what i'm used to." (i drive an 04
cobra vert, stock pulley, intake and exhaust mods) i guess i shoulda said,
"hey that thing got a hemi?"

but you are coming into this group disrespecting ford trucks and mustangs.
("****ant ford owners", "chicken-**** mustangs") i have no disrespect to
dodge because i used to live eat & breathe mopar (60's and 70's musclecars)

i actually cant wait to run a srt-10 truck, that'll might be a little closer
(if he can drive it), but i NEVER see any.

MoParMaN wrote in message

>"Erik D." > wrote in message
>>I wish I would pull up to you at a light in my old 165,000 mile stock '94
>>lightning. It's old, and it has its problems, but the only hemi trucks
>>that even come close have nitrous. I'm not saying anything bad about the
>>Hemi or dodge, just certain HEMI owners who think they are king. Oh, and
>>I've raced about 25 Hemi powered trucks at the track with my old pile and
>>i've only been beaten by one, and he had a 100 shot on top of every other
>>bolt-on imageinable and unbolted exhaust. He had a regular cab, shortbed,
>>5 speed with the 3.92 axle. He ran a 14.6 at 94 compared to my 14.8 at

91.
>>Basically, it took him 200 extra horses to beat me by .2 seconds and 3

mph.
>>Again, i'm not saying these trucks are bad, they are just not built for
>>drag racing or speed. The lightning on the other hand, was made for
>>speed(sure, its not that fast, but it runs ok for a 4500 lb stock pickup
>>with 165000 miles). The lightning also works very well for towing and
>>hauling as I have used mine to tow a race car on a few occasions and use

it