Old June 11th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids

Default Fighting Angelfish

"Jolly Fisherman" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 11:43:31 +1000, "bassett"
wrote:

Cut right back on the high protein food,, and just feed them "Flakes"

Yes. I've been feeding them exclusively good quality high protein
food. Will start adjusting that today. Thanks.

I've also moved the worst fighters to a different tank, although I'm
not happy about that being a permanent solution.

Do you think adding target fish make any sense?

Are there any particular guides you'd recommend that explain dealing
with aggressions?

Thanks for sticking with the group despite all the noise.

Most fish do strike a balance, or a feeding order, and once it's
established,, Everything will go along fine, but if you shift fish around
you upset that balance, then you have to wait for it to re-establish.

But I think the quality of the food is the answer to a peaceful tank, others
might have another solution.. I remember years ago, I thought I would have
a go at cichlids, and no matter what I did, I always ended up with a tank
full of ONE, due to high protein food
bassett